Intern WITH JENN
The Jenn McClellan for Governor campaign is looking for smart, motivated, and energetic interns and organizing fellows to join our team!
We strive to provide our interns and fellows with an educational experience and networking opportunities that will enhance their future professional or public service careers. We are seeking to identify tomorrow’s leaders today, and give them a true behind-the-scenes look at what really goes on in political campaigns!
VA Campus Organizing Fellowship
The campus organizer will build and manage a strong cross-campus fellowship program, bringing in college and high school students to engage their peers on-campus and voters off-campus. The fellowship program will be one critical piece of our movement to put power in the hands of the people where it belongs.
- Recruiting, managing, and training college and high school fellows to participate in executing the campaign’s direct voter contact plan.
- Develop a plan to register new voters on campus, build a student volunteer base, execute events on campus, and educate students about the district and the race.
- Utilize creative digital means in partnership with the mobilization director to reach students during a time when in-person events are rarer and more challenging.
- Work closely with the team of organizers to have fellows assist with the broader field efforts.
VA Finance/Compliance Virtual Internship
The Jenn McClellan for Governor campaign seeks a highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated individual for a Finance and Compliance Virtual Internship.
The Finance/Compliance Intern will assist a small, collaborative team with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Donor outreach
- Fundraising Event assistance
- Compliance regulations
- Administrative support
VA Communications/Digital Virtual Internship
Join the Jennifer McClellan for Governor communications and digital teams and help us elect a true progressive champion in Virginia!
As a member of both the communications and digital teams, you’ll be working directly with us to help frame and shape our campaign in digital spaces. Intern responsibilities include:
- Drafting press releases and social media content
- Monitoring news
- Compiling news clips
- Brainstorm new ideas to expand social media, blog and website activities and effectiveness and to track social media goals and progress.
- Help respond to or publicize breaking news through social media and press/blogger outreach.
- Help draft sample letters to the editor and op-ed pieces for activists or for personal submission and help edit pieces drafted by staff members.